Action Plan for the implantation of electronic administration in the Balearic Islands in accordance with the Law 11/2007
- Short Name:
- ANIBAL Plan
- Facilitar el desarrollo de la Ley 11/2007 en las administraciones locales de las Islas Baleares.
- Target audience:
- Citizen any public administration, Company
- Agencies Responsible:
971 784 178
- Type of Solution:
- Good Practice
- Status of the Solution:
- Organic Area:
- Technical Area:
- Electronic processing, human resources management
- Functional Area:
- Government and the public Sector
- Not implemented
- Interoperability level:
Starting position and origin of the initiative
The initial state of electronic administration in the Balearic Islands consisted of a set of projects that had begun more powerful administrations, while the smallest had no resources technical, human and economic to initiate such services. This way the ANIBAL Plan to make available to smaller administrations tools and knowledge that could reuse.
- Facilitate the development of the law 11/2007 in local administrations of the Balearic Islands.
- Establish a model of regulatory and organisational development law enforcement 11/2007.
- Create a comprehensive platform e-administración available to local governments.
- Get the secure data exchange between administrations.
- Create a generic procedures catalog common.
- Adjust the services and administrative procedures in terms of revision and simplification.
- Create a support structure that promotes the quality, efficiency and effectiveness in these plants.
- Create a control and monitoring structure the implementation of the Plan.
Main challenges and key aspects for the implementation
Is key to the realization of the project define the needs to cover by the technological platform and points already solved con los componentes de la plataforma, ya que gracias a su modularización se implantan sólo los módulos necesarios.
En relación a la expansión de la plataforma fue dificultoso la integration of components with proprietary software components because of the complicated access to interfaces.
The main stumbling block was the coordination of the different AAPP : from very small municipalities without resources and expertise and departing from zero to big government departments TIC powerful, much experience and background that already existed in this area, which makes some aspects such as technology to use.