E-File Exchange Structure
- Short Name:
- File ENI
- Resolución de 19 de julio de 2011 (BOE de 30 de julio), de la Secretaría de Estado para la Función Pública, por la que se aprueba la Norma Técnica de Interoperabilidad de Expediente Electrónico
- The general structure for the exchange of electronic files is an XML file with signed index, minimum required metadata and an optional element for additional viewing of file information.
- Target audience:
- General State Administration
- Organic area:
- Subtype data model:
- Information Structure
- Scope of use:
- Functional area:
- Government and public sector
- EUPL (European Public License)
The technical standards for interoperability for electronic Document and electronic files of the National Interoperability Framework defined XML schemas (XSD) as a tool for interoperability in the exchange of electronic documents and files.
The design of the NIF schema consists of 8 tailored XSDs implemented and an external XSD linked ( xmldsig-core-schema.xsd ) to the XMLDSig specification used in the XAdES signatures.
This XSDs model of NIF follows a modular design that fosters their reuse and interoperability with other existing frameworks.
Two types of modules can be distinguished in the implementation:
- Structural module: it defines a structure to manage and contain other modules.
- Content Module: it hosts the final content of the described component.
In this way, the modules can, in some cases, contain other (structural modules) or be included within other (structural and content modules).
The complete list of XSDs designed to meet the needs of ENI is:
- Electronic document
- Electronic document content
- Electronic document metadata
- Electronic file
- Electronic file index
- Electronic index content
- Electronic file metadata
There are two main modules, electronicDocument and electronicFile , both of them refer the rest for construction. On the other modules, note that:
The modules electronicDocumentContent and signatures are instantiated at the main modules.
In order to work with metadata, the scheme has two different modules. One of them is used with electronic document ( electronicDocumentMetadata ) and the other one with electronic file ( electronicFileMetadata ).
Related with electronic files, it has been developed specific modules for the electronic index ( electronicFileIndex, electronicIndexContent ) defining both the content and the mandatory existence of a related signature.
To create an electronic file which satisfies ENI XSDs, it has been developed an XML instance of the electronicFile.xsd scheme, it consists of a root element file and three main sections:
- Index section. File index module: electronicIndexFile.xsd
- MetadataExp section. Module which thou hast file metadata: e lectronicMetadataFile.xsd
- VisualizationIndex section. Contains the optional visualization index element: electronicDocumentContent.xsd
Therefore, the main element ( electronicFile ) allows us to build an electronic file composed of:
- Index based on the electronicIndexFile.xsd scheme, which includes the content ( electronicIndexFileContent.xsd ) and its signature.
- Minimum required metadata for the exchange of electronic files according to electronicFileMetadata.xsd scheme
- Unique identifier within the scheme ( id attribute)
- Element defined in order to include a complete or partial view of the electronic file ( electronicIndexVisualization ). This element is an object which uses the content defined at the electronicDocumentContent.xsd scheme with the aim of providing file information across a more manageable format for a manual treatment.