- Publicada la versión 2.0.6.R1 de la Librería de Intercambio SIR
- Disponible en Producción nueva versión 9.0 de PLATA
- Más del 50% de las universidades públicas se integran en AnotaRCP
- La plataforma Cl@ve, para la identificación y firma electrónica, alcanza los diez millones de usuarios registrados
- API SITNA en la oferta de soluciones de software libre del Centro de Transferencia de Tecnología
Machine Translation Platform (PLATA)
- Short Name:
- The machine translation platform (PLATA) developed by the ICT Directorate is based on open-source machine translation engines like Moses or Apertium, translating Spanish texts into the other official languages in Spain or into English, French and Portuguese.
It makes translations of integrated web portals thanks to web services. The cache function has an impact on platform performance.
- Target audience:
- Any Public Administration
- Network service integrable in customers applications
- Type of Solution:
- Infrastructure or common service
- Status of the Solution:
- Organic area :
- Technical area:
- Horizontal services for the AA.PP
- Functional area:
- Government and public sector
- Not applicable
- Interoperability level:
- Programming language:
- Operating system:
The machine translation platform (PLATA) was designed to be integrated into the web portals of public administrations.
It makes rough translations of integrated web portals so that their contents are transparent to citizens or full, edited translations that can be added to content management systems in the portals connected to the platform.
PLATA is based on open-source machine translation engines like Moses or Apertium, translating texts in Spanish into the other official languages in Spainor into English, French and Portuguese.
Translations into Catalan, Valencian, Galician, Portuguese and French are made with Apertium (rule-based translation), whereas translations into Basque or English are made with Moses (statistical translation).
The translation process is fully automated; no human translators make or review the translations. Translation quality varies according to the target language within the thresholds of current machine translation technology.