At the 9th edition of this report have analysed 700 enterprises, which show a stable sector. In particular, in the year 2019 Infomediario Sector grew by 6.4 per cent, an evolution over that of the Gross Domestic Product, which was 3.4 per cent.
In addition, gives information on how businesses infomediarias closed 2019 with card sales volume d and more than some 2,543 millions of euros and offering employment to almost 22,000 employees .
Then desglosamos the key lessons learned of the report:
- 3 sectors continue to focus the bulk of the activity, stressing the geographic information. Most companies infomediarias specialise in “ geographic information systems ” (24 per cent), “ market ” (21 per cent) and the subsector “ economic and financial ” (18 per cent).
- Half of the subsectors gather 85% of total sales. The Geographic Information Systems with more than 600 million euros billing (23.6 per cent).
- The 61 per cent of enterprises infomediarias consulted use IA to create value-added products or as a tool. The 70 per cent of respondents claim that they used to recycle the data for internal use, compared with 30 per cent indicated that the external use is exclusively.
- More than half of the companies are located in the community of Madrid (38 per cent), catalonia (13 per cent) and Andalucía (11 per cent). As in previous years, the Sector Infomediario is represented in all the autonomous communities.
- Almost 40 per cent of infocommunication companies have been created in the past 10 years. The average age is 16 years, with Editorial el subsector more longevity and Tourism subsector the youngest.
- The average number of employees by Sector Infomediario stands at 37 to reach 21.988 workers. As in billing, the sub-sector that presents a higher figure is “ geographical information ” with 30.5 per cent of the total.
- The aggregate subscribed capital exceeds eur 310 million almost 11 million more than in the previous edition. In addition, three more are capitalized subsectors “ market ”, “ economic and financial ” and geographic information.
- All subsectors have 65 per cent or more companies in benefits. As in previous years, the net benefit generated has exceeded $125 million euros.
- Analysis of data and the opening of new databases highlights this time as the main challenges for the Sector Infomediario , followed closely by digitalisation. For its part, the lack of a “ culture ” and of the poor quality of human rights are among the barriers to access and reuse of information.