Spain is contained in the group of countries whose score grew faster in the past year, and in the post of the eu, which is a rise in two points, particularly through its strength from digital public services, which is located at the 5th place, according to the DESI 2016 published by the european commission.
The Índice of economy and Digital Society (DESI) it is a composite index by five digital performance indicators of europe and to monitor the evolution of the states members of the european union in competitiveness. These five indicators are connectivity, human capital, use of internet, integration of digital technology and public services.
The DESI 2016 summarizes the data collected in 2015 and shows that both the european union as a whole, the member states are progressing towards a society and digital economy.
contained in the small group of half a dozen countries (together with croatia, italy, latvia, romania and Slovenia) whose score grew faster in the past year and which shows more rapidly than the european union as a whole, so that it is ranked number 15 of 28 member states.
However, the european progress has slowed. This setback has happened in 4 of the top five dimensions DESI; only the dimension of integration of digital technology has accelerated its growth. However, Member states have levels of development and different speeds.
During the year 2015 spain has improved or maintained their performance in all areas measures by DESI fast approaching, the eu average. In particular, according to the DESI 2016, Spain:
- Is fourth among the fastest-growing countries.
- Is increasing its performance in connectivity (77 per cent of households have access to broadband, although regional gaps).
- Account with low levels of basic digital skills and use of the Internet (only 54 per cent of the population has a basic digital skills).
- It is strong in the use of digital technologies (for the use of RFID and smes utilizing the cloud).
- Also in public services that is where digital Spain behaves better, thanks to an improved offer these services.
In fact, according to this indicator, spain is located in fifth place in the eu.
We also include the following particular aspects that contribute to this strength in utilities digital part of Spain:
- The effects of the Law 59/2003 of 19 december, of electronic signature and the establishment of FACE the General Point of Entry of electronic invoices.
- The commitment to the open database , in which it is situated in second place in the eu