The United Nations have begun to accept nominations for the awards of nations United to public service 2020 (UNPSA). UNPSA promotes and rewards innovation and excellence in public services that support implementation of two objectives:
- Sustainable development objectives (ODS)
- The principle of non-leave anyone behind, that form the core of the Agenda 2030 for sustainable development of the ONU.
The prize is a prestigious international recognition for excellence in public service and rewards contributions of public service that lead to a public administration more effective and responsive worldwide.
Nominations for the 2020 UNPSA are divided into five categories:
- Providing services inclusive and equitable for all
- Promoting integrated mechanisms for sustainable development
- Develop public institutions transparent and accountable
- Promote digital transformation in public sector institutions
- Promote public services gender-sensitive to achieve the ODS.
By 2020, the department of economic and social affairs of the united nations will collaborate with ONU women in the organization of the prizes, highlighting the important role of public services that are sensitive to gender in achieving the ODS.
The winning initiatives are recognized in the day of public service of nations together, whose objective is to "hold the value and the virtue of public service to the community" (A/RES/57/277) during the forum of public service of nations Together. The Forum will be organized by the Republic of Korea and will take place in June 2020.
Nominations must online completed on the portal of UNPSA and period closes the next 27 November. The rules of presentation and the online application form are available in the six official languages of the united nations; however, it encourages all organizations to provide appointing translations of their nominations in one of the working languages of the secretariat of the united nations, which are English and French.