To evaluate the importance of the TIC (s) in the employability of persons with disabilities and collect information about barriers to the participation of people with disabilities in the use of the TIC (s), the Foundation has made White Spain chapter 8 of
Report 2018 Needs
entitled: “ TIC and disability: study of uses, needs and perceptions. ”
The general objective of the study is to know the perception/penetration of information technologies and communication (TICK) between persons with disabilities.
To this end, there is a set of specific objectives:
- Knowing the penetration of the TIC among persons with disabilities in response to the different profiles of disability.
- Identify the preferences of use of technology between persons with disabilities: main devices, time of uses, current and potential uses of technology.
- Classify the topics of interest and preferences of use of persons with disabilities in the use of technology according to your profile of disability.
- To identify the main barriers in the use of the TIC by persons with disabilities.
- Identify the specific needs and demands of persons with disabilities in relation to the TIC.
- Evaluate the importance of the TIC in the employability of persons with disabilities.
This research was born with the purpose to deepen in the knowledge of these barriers, focusing especially on analysing the general use made of the TIC, as well as opportunities that these presented in
enter the world of work.