Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the european parliament and of the council of 26 october 2016, on the accessibility of websites and applications for mobile devices of the public sector agencies . Esta directiva se ha transpuesto al ordenamiento jurídico español a través del Royal Decree 1112/2018, of 7 september on accessibility of websites and applications for mobile devices in the public sector .
Accessibility Act. Directiva del Parlamento Europeo y del Consejo relativa a la aproximación de las disposiciones legales, reglamentarias y administrativas de los Estados miembros por lo que se refiere a los requisitos de accesibilidad de los productos y los servicios . The initial proposal of this directive in the collection Communication COM/2015/0615 it was submitted in december 2015 and is currently under negotiation.
- En diciembre de 2008, Comunicación de la Comisión al Consejo, al Parlamento Europeo, al Comité Económico y Social Europeo y al Comité de las Regiones: Towards an information society accessible , which describes the current situation of digital accessibility and in particular of web accessibility, justifies the european actions and sets out the most important steps required to achieve full e-accessibility.
- In june 2006, Ministerial declaration of Riga on an information society inclusive returns to incorporate a commitment that all public websites accessible and sets out the year 2010 as the limit to achieve it. To ensure accessibility stipulates that it must fulfill the standards and guidelines of the W3C.
- In september 2005, the european commission adopted the communication Digital accessibility , which had the primary objective to promote a consistent approach on initiatives related to e-accessibility in the member states on a voluntary basis, as well as promote self-regulation of the industrial sector.
- In september 2001, the european commission adopted a communication entitled eEurope 2002: Accessibility of public Web sites and content , which seeks to make websites more accessible to older persons and persons with disabilities. In this communication are encouraged to the other european institutions and member states to take the necessary measures to ensure that the websites accessible.
- In june 2000, the european council approved the plan of action eEurope 2002: An information society for all .