The Royal Decree 1112 / 2018, 7 September, on the web accessibility and applications for mobile devices in the public sector (available English translation of "1112 / 2018 ), adopted at the proposal of the ministries of Territorial Policy and Public Function, economy and Company, health, consumption and Social welfare, transposed into Spanish law Directiva (UE) 2016/2102 del Parlamento Europeo y del Consejo, de 26 de octubre de 2016, sobre la accesibilidad de los sitios web y aplicaciones para dispositivos móviles de los organismos del sector público .
( English Version ) Royal Decree 1112 / 2018 , on the accessibility of websites and mobile applications in the public sector (PDF)
Este Real Decreto cubre todos los sitios web y aplicaciones móviles del sector público, desde aquellos pertenecientes a las administraciones, tribunales y servicios de policía a los de los hospitales, universidades y bibliotecas públicas, haciendo que sean accesibles a todos los ciudadanos, especialmente a aquellos con dificultades auditivas, visuales o funcionales.
In this way, the new Royal Decree replaces and improves the conditions that were already demanding the portals of public administrations since the entry into force on 31 December 2008 Royal Decree 1494 / 2007 .
The most significant changes which introduces are as follows:
- Equal accessibility requirements Spaniards to European harmonised standard published on 21 December 2018. This standard is based on the new version of the standard AT 301 549 v2.1.2 (2018-08) “ accessibility requirements of products and services TIC applicable to public procurement in Europa ” which in turn is linked with the new WCAG 2.1 .
- The inclusion of the mobile applications developed by public administrations which should be accessible by 23 June 2021 .
- The inclusion of intranets and extranets new or renovated substantially from 23 September 2019 .
- In each portal and mobile application must be a accessibility statement depending on the model established at European level ( Implementation decision (HAT) 2018 / 1523 of the committee which establishes a model statement of accessibility in accordance with the directive (HAT) 2016 / 2102 .
- Sets a communication mechanism on accessibility requirements to enable users to communicate to the public sector agency any possible default of accessibility requirements set, transmit accessibility the content and make suggestions improvements regarding accessibility.
- Sets a communication that allows request interested persons the información sobre contenidos que están excluidos del ámbito de aplicación de este Real Decreto or exempted from accessibility requirements, as well as the lodging complaints regarding the fulfillment of accessibility requirements.
- In addition, there will be a complaints mechanism available to all interested persons.
- Reflects the forecasts for the regular monitoring of the implementation of the Royal Decree mediante gestión descentralizada. Para ello, cada entidad obligada determinará la " unit responsible for accessibility " which will coordinate and implement forecasts, and will be the channel information to the agency for monitoring and reporting whose functions are developed by the Ministry of Territorial Policy and Public Function.
- There will be public reports to the European commission every 3 years the status of implementation of the directive (HAT) 2016 / 2102. The first of these reports will take place before the 23 December 2021 and comprendrá the period 2020-2021 .
- The tracking, monitoring and reporting must meet the requirements imposed by the European commission ( Implementation decision (HAT) 2018 / 1524 of the committee which establishes a methodology for monitoring and the provisions for reporting by member states in accordance with the directive (HAT) 2016 / 2102 ).
- Extends the application of the requirements of web accessibility to the portals that receive public funding for their maintenance, and those that provide public services by any contractual regime with public administrations.
To assist the implementation of all these measures will be essential the role the units responsible for accessibility, who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with accessibility requirements of websites and applications for mobile devices within its Remit. Should ensure compliance from all levels of the organization, both technical and functional and involve all actors requirements: technological departments, responsible for editing of contents, responsible for publications, responsible for communication and press, responsible for training, etc.