The Observatory of Web Accessibility has developed a new version of your Tracker tool compatible with all the requirements of the simplified follow-up Implementation decision (EU) 2018/1524 . This version is based on the outline of a new methodology that has been working in collaboration with various actors involved (public administrations, associations of persons with disabilities, the business sector, experts in accessibility, etc.)
This new version (in particular the 5.0.4) has been released with license EUPL v 1.2 and is available for 2 means:
- As a package of distribution in the download area of the solution in the cst.
- As a collaborative development project in GITHUB http://github.com/ctt-gob-es/oaw
This release is made to the sharing of information with other states or institutions having an interest in monitoring activities with regard to compliance with accessibility requirements on their websites. It Is of particular interest to all european countries also have to comply with the requirements of the European Directive, and specifically for the "Arrangements for monitoring and reporting" that exist in all member states.
The spanish public administrations do not need to make this installation as they have at your disposal free of charge the diagnostic service online Accessibility of the Community (Service tab).
Improvements in this new version of the tracker include:
- Implementation of the standard UNE-EN 301549:2019 (WCAG 2.1).
- There is a translation into english of the tool generated through machine translation tools
- The establishment of new functions for the management of the seeds associated with an observatory to improve their characterization to control their subsequent implementation and aggregation of results.
- Management of complexities to analyse different number of pages of a web site of its complexity.
- Management of recurrence (fixed, couple, in odd-numbered years) to control the seeds that are discussed in the monitoring period.
- Management by type of service (education, health, etc.), geographical location, the institutional level, etc. totally parametrizables for its further expansion.
- Improvement of the import and export of seeds, caning to filter the seeds to import/export and establishing greater controls in the process.
- New functionality to include seeds in block from the file to an already established observatory.
- New field of "" observations for seeds.
- New features to the process of generating added dynamic reports through templates and the characterization of seed.
All these new features have been developed to allow the backwards compatibility for institutions that already have installed the previous version of the tool.