For this edition of Infomediario Sector report , ASEDIE ha analizado 697 empresas; 35 más que en la edición anterior. Cabe destacar que la información financiera utilizada para ventas y empleados corresponde al ejercicio 2017, ya que al cierre del informe no estaba aún disponible la información de 2018.
The report's key findings are:
- 97% Of companies in the Sector Infomediario open data used in the public sector. Moreover, three of every fourth combine this information with private data. In this context, it is not surprising that 83% of respondents believe that the opening of databases and access to the same for reuse is a priority for the evolution of the sector.
- More than half of the companies are located in the community of Madrid (37%) and Catalonia (18%). However, the Sector Infomediario is represented in all the Autonomous Communities of the national territory, with the exception of the autonomous cities of Ceuta and Melilla.
- 3 sectors continue to focus the bulk of the activity. Most companies infomediarias are specialised in the “ geographic information ” (22%), the “ market studies ” (21%) and subsector “ economic and financial ” (20%).
- Un sector sostenible en el tiempo, pero con un gran número de nuevas empresas. El 60% de las empresas analizadas tiene más de 10 años y casi un tercio (29%) supera la veintena - como curiosidad, la empresa más antigua data de 1947-. Pero también es un sector que atrae a nuevos actores, ya que el 31% de las empresas han sido creado en los últimos 5 años.
- Billing grows 5.4% compared with the previous year. In particular, the aggregate turnover Infomediario Sector is 1.796.778.748 €. This figure is very positive, although it should be noted that most of the billing concentrated in a few large companies.
- And the number of employees increased 4.6%, reaching 20.229 workers. These data are very positive, because employment growth in the total of the Spanish economy was 2.9%.
- The subscribed capital sector added more than 300 million euros. After two consecutive years of decline, the added subscribed capital has grown from 10% in this exercise, although continues without going to the previous level to 2016.
- 70% Of companies presents benefits. 70% of companies file an average of benefits of approximately 300,000 euros, the average losses of the remaining 30% similar, but negative sign. As in previous years, the net profit generated has exceeded $62 million euros.
- Low risk commercial. The probability of default risk to 12 months is moderate or minimum to 74% of companies.
- Data analysis and the Big Data jut out again as the main challenges of Infomediario Sector, followed closely by the opening of new sources. For its part, barriers to reuse most cited by respondents are the different availability of public information between Autonomous Communities and municipalities.
The report showing a series of success stories in companies infomediarias, as reutilizadores, and the public sector, such as publisher open database.
In short, we face a sector with good health, who has experienced significant growth compared to the previous year, and whose future prospects are positive: more than half of respondents (65%) believe that the Sector Infomediario will grow throughout this year, specifically from 2-5%.