- API SITNA in the supply of free software solutions from the centre of technology transfer
- New version of THUS (v2.2.0)
- Change in high procedures of users in cl@ve
- El servicio ACCEDA en la NUBE, premio @asLAN en la categoría de Servicios Digitales Compartidos
- Procedimiento para la adhesión al convenio Centro de Impresión de la AEAT desde Notifica
Machine Translation Platform (SILVER)
- Short Name:
- The machine translation platform (PLATA) developed by the ICT Directorate is based on open-source machine translation engines like Moses or Apertium, translating Spanish texts into the other official languages in Spain or into English, French and Portuguese.
It makes translations of integrated web portals thanks to web services. The cache function has an impact on platform performance.
- Target audience:
- Any Public Administration
- Network service insertable in customers applications
- Type of Solution:
- Infrastructure or common service
- Status of the Solution:
- Organic area:
- Technical area:
- Services for the Horizontal AA.PP
- Functional area:
- Government and public sector
- Not applicable
- Interoperability level:
- Programming language:
- Operating system:
The machine translation platform (PLATA) was designed to be integrated into the web portals of public administrations.
It makes rough translations of integrated web portals so that their contents are transparent to citizens or full, edited translations that can be added to content management systems in the portals connected to the platform.
PLATA is based on open-source machine translation engines like Moses or Apertium, translating texts in Spanish into the other official languages in Spainor into English, French and Portuguese.
Translations into Catalan, Valencian, Galician, Portuguese and French are made with Apertium (rule-based translation), whereas translations into Basque or English are made with Moses (statistical translation).
The translation process is fully automated; no human translators make or review the translations. Translation quality varies according to the target language within the thresholds of current machine translation technology.